April 3, 2008
May 8, 2008 Nation’s Top Hospitals Partner with Emmi Solutions for Healthcare Communication Solutions
Seven leading organizations join an elite list of institutions to offer Emmi Solutions’ interactive web-based educational programs
CHICAGO, IL – Apr 3, 2008 Emmi Solutions, LLC, producer of award-winning interactive Emmi® programs, announces impressive new client roster: University of Pennsylvania Health System, ProMedica Health Systems, Beaumont Hospitals, The Methodist Hospital, CIPA Western New York IPA, Inc., Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, Inc. and Banner Estrella Medical Center. Institutions partner with Emmi Solutions as part of their commitment to provide quality patient care, increase patient and physician satisfaction, enhance operational efficiencies, and mitigate risk.
Emmi programs are unique, interactive, web-based patient education programs that clarify complex medical information and affect behavioral change. With their soothing, conversational voice and easy-to-understand graphics, Emmi programs engage patients with audio/visual learning techniques. Viewers are also given the opportunity to take notes and initiate questions for further discussion. Emmi programs are available for a wide variety of specialties including surgical procedures, chronic condition management, informed decision making and pediatrics among others.
“We are thrilled to have added seven new clients in just five months.” said Jordan Dolin, vice chairman of Emmi Solutions. “By utilizing Emmi programs, these new clients will be able to build stronger relationships with their patients, further improving patient satisfaction and increasing patient safety. So far, we’re on a great success streak.”Existing clients are already realizing the positive impact Emmi programs have on their organizations. A survey of nearly 73,000 patients taken after viewing their Emmi program shows that 96 percent of respondents said viewing an Emmi program improved their understanding of their upcoming medical procedure. Further, 87 percent of patients surveyed experienced increased confidence in their doctor after viewing an Emmi program.
Over the last five months, Emmi Solutions’ impressive client base has continued to grow. A notable list of new clients partnered with Emmi Solutions to offer educational, web-based healthcare programs to their patients. Most recently partnerships were created with the following clients:
- The University of Pennsylvania Health System, a three hospital system based in Philadelphia with outpatient centers throughout the region.
- ProMedica Health System, a non-profit health care system located in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, includes a health education and research center, health maintenance organization, nursing homes, and a local business network of private practices.
- Beaumont Hospitals, a three-hospital regional medical center in Michigan with medical staff including more than 3,100 physicians representing more than 91 medical and surgical specialties.
- The Methodist Hospital, located in Houston, Texas, is recognized by The Best Hospitals in America and is one of the most comprehensive teaching hospitals in the United States.
- CIPA Western New York IPA, Inc., a partnership between the Catholic Health System and a network of associated physicians.
- Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, Inc., a 250-bed regional entity of Kaiser Permanente, the largest managed care organization in the United States with 37 medical centers, 400 medical offices and $34.4 billion in annual operating revenues.
- Banner Estrella Medical Center, located in Phoenix, AZ, opened in 2005. The hospital employs about 1000 health care professionals and recently opened a sixth patient floor to meet the growing needs of its community.